Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blog Post 3


The original photo was of a tree. What i ended up doing was altering it into a completely different photo making almost look like water. Elements in this photo include movement, shape, lines, color, unity, and asymmetrical balance. The purple shapes on the side are thrown in randomly to make it seem as if there is chaos on one side but on the other side it is still somewhat put togeather, the movement of the purple shapes makes you want to follow into the yellow side. Also although one side is pretty much all yellow you can still see splotches of purple in it which is a good sign of color because without the purple in the yellow it would seem kind of strange to have a totally purple section in the photo. The asymmetrical balance is obvious.

1 comment:

  1. This is now my desktop background..because I am in love with it.

    The differing speeds in guesture is quite wonderful. I start out in the purple on the left and am pushed put into the cray swirls and keep with less momentum around and restarting. The guesture is so fluid. My eyes no matter the speed are always being lead somewhere else. It actually remindes me of the little designs that can be on coffee. I remember you actually taking this photo and I find the end result so thrilling. I adore when nothing special turns into something one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete